Monday, December 7, 2015

"20"

 There are a lot of holidays in Japan. I'll introduce "Coming of Age Day" to you. It's cerebrating 20 years old people. 20 is the important age in Japan. This event is held on the second of January. The purpose is to congratulate and encourage all those who are 20 years old and to help them to recognize they have become adults. Most people usually meet up their junior high school or elementary school friends on the day. Most men wear formal or casual suits. On the other hands, women wear Kimono, Japanese traditional dress for women. This is so important day and it'll be good memory.I am 20 years old now and next coming of age day is January 11,2016. However, I can't go to this event because I'm staying in Calgary. Though I want to go there, I feel that it's such a hassle to go back Japan and to spend time and money. Instead of it, could someone celebrate me for 20 ages on Jan 11, 2016??

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry we can celebrate you this special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy parties in Japan...Drink, music, dancing... be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me neither. I can't attend this ceremony..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can celebrate you if you invite your friends by yourself to a party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! You aren't able to attend ceremony.. Sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. you already celebrate at DEN jejejej.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you can find other Japanese students to celebrate with next year. There's also a community group in Calgary - maybe they'll do something: http://www.calgaryjca.com/

    Corrections:
    It celebrates 20-year-old people.

    This is such an important day and it'll be a good memory.

    ReplyDelete